Today as you prepare to worship with your church family, I have a challenge for you….
- Whatever happened at home this morning or in the car on the way to church;
- Thinking about what you’re going to do after church;
- Worrying about all of the problems in your life;
- All of your preconceived notions about what this morning will be like;
- Any petty dislikes about the services or the leadership that you harbor;
- Your fears about worshiping freely;
- Any hardness in your heart;
- Any anger you are holding against a brother or sister;
- Your selfish pride.
- A love for Jesus that cannot be undone by anything that may happen today;
- A love for God’s people;
- A thankful heart;
- An appreciation for the people who are leading you;
- A heart that is open to a new freedom in worship;
- An attitude of expectation for what God is going to do today;
- A complete focus on Christ;
- Tons of grace;
- Loads of humility.
About 31 Days of Worship
Every day in the month of October, I will be posting here about worship. Will you join me on this journey? Maybe you are interested in discussing specific topics within the area of worship. If this is you, I’d LOVE to hear from you! You can leave a comment below or send me an email.
At any time during the month, you can see all posts in this series by clicking here: 31 Days of Worship. Also, if you would like to subscribe to Grow Where You’re Planted and receive these posts in your email, you can do that here: Grow Where You’re Planted Updates.
Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy being on this worship journey with you! My prayer is that God will teach all of us to become more focused worshipers throughout this month.