In all of the reasons for homeschooling, I never really thought about the kids starting to actually get along with each other better. This is an added blessing. In just a few months, this is what we’ve already seen in our babies:
- They have grown a lot closer as siblings;
- They are all progressing incredibly well academically;
- Teaching happens all the time, and it’s continual in the same teaching/learning language;
- Katherine’s constant feelings of insecurity and anger have diminished;
- Katherine absolutely LOVES homeschooling… she seems to benefit maybe a little more than the other two right now;
- Jeffrey needed some extra help in areas I wasn’t expecting;
- Character development… time to talk about issues… and Mommy is able to directly understand where attitudes and feelings are coming from;
- The kids are actually more outgoing because they always want to talk to people when we go out;
- They don’t fight as much (notice I said “as much”) 😉
These are just a few of the reasons I love homeschooling! Yes, days are hard, and some days I want to quit. But overall, I’m incredibly thankful and feel blessed to be called to this.
Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to subscribe to Grow Where You’re Planted and receive these posts in your email, you can do that here: Grow Where You’re Planted Updates.