Welcome to Tune-In Tuesday! We took a month off, but now I’m excited to start this linky up again. If this is your first time visiting on a Tuesday, I hope you will find this as a place to worship together. Each week, I share about a song that God is using in my life. One that is speaking to me in whatever season I may be going through. The invitation is for you to jump in and do it, too! Here are the steps:
- Pick a song that is especially meaningful for you at this time in your life and write about it. Really think about the lyrics… and let them change you.
- Link up here using the linky tool at the bottom of this post. Use the name of your song as the title of your link. (If you haven’t done this before, feel free to email me with questions.) If you don’t have a blog, you can leave a comment sharing your song. ***Please use the permalink to your post, not your blog’s main site. Because of the specialized nature of this weekly series, any links that are not specifically for Tune-In Tuesday will be deleted.***
- Visit other people’s blogs and worship with them.
- Spread the word. Grab the button in the left column and add it to your post. That way, others can link up, as well. Tweet about it… Try to get others in on the conversation.
- And the main thing… worship!
My song today is All For You by Starfield. Play the video below and then continue reading.
Lately, I have found myself noticing how much time I waste. Maybe I’m getting old, but I’m finding that I don’t care about watching movies as much as I used to. I don’t care about all the old junk that used to seem fun to me and I don’t really care about spending time talking about those things. I’d now rather have a deep conversation with someone about spiritual things than to sit around and chit chat.
Now don’t get me wrong. I can cut up and have fun with the best of them, and I still do enjoy watching certain shows and movies, but the older I get the more I learn that there is a time and a place for that stuff. Maybe it’s because I’m realizing that this life is really all about Him. It’s not about me. And it’s not about the movies. It’s not about the music. It’s not about the talk-in-a-circle conversations about nothing… It’s. All. About. Him.
So this song has really been speaking to me lately. I hope it encourages you, as it has me, to take an inventory of your life. See what’s there that doesn’t need to be. And see what things in your life are possibly impeding what God wants to do in and through you. Sometimes we have to cut out things we love… GOOD things… to find out what we were truly meant to do.
Have a great Tuesday!