Welcome to Tune-In Tuesday! If this is your first time visiting on a Tuesday, I hope you will find this as a place to worship together. Each week, I share about a song that God is using in my life. One that is speaking to me in whatever season I may be going through. The invitation is for you to jump in and do it, too! This week is a little different! I’m sharing my Christmas playlist. Then starting next Tuesday and going through the month of December, Tune-In Tuesday turns CHRISTMAS!
Here are the steps:
- Pick a song that is especially meaningful for you at this time in your life and write about it. Really think about the lyrics… and let them change you.
- Link up here using the linky tool at the bottom of this post. Use the name of your song as the title of your link. (If you haven’t done this before, feel free to email me with questions.) If you don’t have a blog, you can leave a comment sharing your song. ***Please use the permalink to your post, not your blog’s main site. Because of the specialized nature of this weekly series, any links that are not specifically for Tune-In Tuesday will be deleted.***
- Visit other people’s blogs and worship with them.
- Spread the word. Grab the button in the left column and add it to your post. That way, others can link up, as well. Tweet about it… Try to get others in on the conversation.
- And the main thing… worship! 🙂
Today I’m sharing my Christmas playlist. The series of videos is linked here, so you can just push play once and it will play through all 24 songs. Look below the video for the text version of my list. (If the video doesn’t show up, click here to listen on YouTube.)
My Christmas Playlist (in no particular order of favorites!!):
- Do You Hear What I Hear? – Carrie Underwood
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
- Little Drummer Boy – Jars of Clay
- Babe in the Straw – Caedmon’s Call
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Jars of Clay
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus – Derek Webb & Sandra McCracken
- This Baby – Steven Curtis Chapman
- Joseph’s Lullaby – MercyMe
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear – Caedmon’s Call
- Rockin Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Christmas Offering – Casting Crowns
- While You Were Sleeping – Casting Crowns
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- Happy Christmas – John Lennon
- Run Run Rudolph – Chuck Berry
- Go Tell It On the Mountain – Needtobreathe
- Silent Night – MercyMe
- O Holy Night – MercyMe
- What Child Is This? – Third Day
- The First Noel – David Crowder Band
- Jesus, Light of the World – Third Day
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra (just remember when it comes to “if the fates allow”… it’s really “if the LORD allows.”) 🙂