Well, here we are. The last day of 31 Days to a Planted Mind. It’s hard for me to believe that October has come and gone. I’m thankful for what God has done in my own heart this month. He has worked in all of our lives, and I’m grateful. Today, we’re going to put together a Plan of Attack for fighting the mind battles that will continue to come.
This month, we have completely focused on our thoughts. We have noticed patterns that are negative and replaced those patterns with God’s Word. But my challenge to all of us is that we will keep going. That this month would only be the start. My prayer is that we will now notice when the junk comes in and that we will have a plan in place to fight back.
Your assignment today is to create your Plan of Attack. You can use the journal that we have been using throughout this month. If you never downloaded a copy, you can get it here: 31 Days to a Planted Mind Journal. The last page is for you to write out your plan. Here are my suggestions of what to include in your plan:
- Every morning, ask God to protect your mind and your heart as you go throughout the day, specifically praying for protection from the thoughts you are particularly struggling with at that time.
- Every evening, ask God to cleanse you of the negative thoughts that have come at you throughout the day.
- Have battle verses ready to throw at Satan. Have some general verses prepared, but also find verses that focus specifically on your own personal struggles.
- Continue to build your personal relationship with Christ through Bible study and prayer. Not so that you can check off your quiet time, but so that you actually relate with Him and cling to Him.
- Find an accountability partner. Ask someone you trust to hold you accountable for your thought life. Make sure you find someone who you can be real with. And who will be real back. This is CRUCIAL.
- Make Jesus your happy place.
If you have been receiving the 31 Days posts by email and would like to continue receiving emails, please let me know. You’ll be getting a separate email from me with some specific questions to answer about the study (if you would like). And for those of you who have not been receiving the emails but have been reading here on the blog, I would also love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment here on this post or send me an email. 31 Days is going to be edited and made into an eBook and I would LOVE your input on what you thought of this first run-through.
I thank God for all of you and pray that you will continue to allow Him to “plant” your mind, as well as to “plant” your entire life. To be committed and faithful where He has placed you in life. God bless you!