- Journal about your thoughts this morning. How are you doing here in the middle of fears & insecurities week?
- Spend your prayer time in commitment to listening to what God wants to say to you today about how you see Him.
Do you remember playing around with a magnifying glass as a kid? I can remember giggling at silly little things that looked enormous under that little round piece of glass. A piece of candy. The green blade of grass. A little bug on the sidewalk. Maybe your brother’s nose. It was easy to see those things magnified because they were physically here.
The problem is we forget that we should see God through a magnifying glass. We see Him as small. We miss the fact that He is big enough to solve all of our problems… to take away all of our insecurities and fears… if we will just let Him.
I don’t know if the past two days have resonated with you. Maybe you don’t struggle with paralyzing fears the way I do. And maybe you aren’t so insecure that you struggle with critiquing, controlling, and possessing like I do. But I am pretty sure there is some area in your life where you see yourself and God as smaller than you should. We all have areas where we magnify the problems in our lives instead of magnifying our All-Powerful, All-Knowing, All-Loving, All-Consuming, Ever-Present Father.
Tonight as I was thinking and praying through this devotion, God reminded me of one of my favorite songs. Listen to it below… and really listen. Then go back and listen again… and sing the words as a prayer to your Creator. The lyrics are amazing. I have made you too small in my eyes, oh Lord. Forgive me….
Oh how He wants us to realize that He’s got it. No need to worry. No need to be afraid. He has it all under His control. And He is BIGGER than anything that we could EVER experience in our lives. Our problems seem so significant in our finite minds, but God has a plan that is bigger than anything we can even begin to see if we are only looking through the glass of today.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. – Jeremiah 29:11-13
Oh my friends, will you commit with me today to begin holding up the magnifying glass? And to really see God as bigger than we see him in our day-to-day? As we see Him as the God who holds us in His hands, we will see our little fears and insecurities begin to melt away.
To Make You Think:
- Do you naturally magnify your problems… or your God?
- What area(s) in your life do you doubt God can conquer?
- How do you think this affects you? And how do you think it affects those who love you?
- Will you say with me today, “God, be magnified! I know you can conquer anything.”?
- Journal about what you are feeling right now. Write down all of the areas where you struggle to see God magnified.
- Surrender to your Father. Tell Him that you have made Him too small in your eyes… and ask Him to show Himself strong. Ask Him to conquer whatever it is that you have been doubting Him for.
Continuing on… 31 Days :: Day 13 – Single-Minded Seeking