A Simple Twinge {Thankful Thursday}

It was strange. A feeling I didn’t expect. I had just dropped off both kids at school for the first time this year and I felt sad.

This summer was tough. There were times that I wasn’t sure I would make it through. Times when I questioned my ability to be a mother to 3 young children. August couldn’t come soon enough.

I was sure that relief would come over me after I dropped two of the kids off. After all, it was a particularly difficult morning. But inside of me, something else took over. A simple twinge of sadness that said a piece of me was missing. Two of my babies were now inside that big building for the day… for the week… for the school year… for a long time.

I’m glad this emotion took over. Thank You, God, for showing me that I do love my job as Mommy. Thank You for reminding me that my family is my greatest ministry. Thank You for not allowing me to feel relief as silence took over my car.

For this simple twinge of sadness that You gave me, I am grateful.

What are you thankful for today? Link up with us and share.

20 Comments

1. Isn't it funny how we can get so frustrated with them over the summer and still miss them when they leave?  Today was my son's first day.  I've been crying for 2 days now.  At least the first day is over and I can stop crying now!  I usually write a Thankful Thursday post too.  Glad I stopped by.  We seem to have similar issues going on today!

2. And what a cutie!!

3. I hope your kids had a good 'back to school' day. It's not easy for some parents to let go sometimes. But just remember—breathe…it's going to be okay. Thanks for hosting the Thankful Thursday blog hop at voiceBoks. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week, Barbara

4. Very good way to look at it!  My SENIOR son is trying out for the school play for the first time ever.  I admire his guts.  Don't know if I could do it! I hope he stays gutsy and tries new things throughout his whole life – well maybe not new things at college involving tequila……

5. What a graceful reminder to be thankful for! I love this! So love your heart, Paula! Always have…always will!

6. I totally understand the juxtaposed feelings of needing a much deserved break from the kiddos after a long summer and the emptiness of the house when their away at school.  Our children are truly a part of our being.  Lovely blog…visiting from voiceBoks GFC hop…have an awesome weekend being with your children!

7. There are so many things to be thankful for, but my son is truly my biggest blessing. I hopped by from VB GFC hop to become your newest follower. Have a fantastic weekend!

8. What a great post.  Isn't it great how God shows us the importance of our role as mommies.  Even when days are difficult, there is nothing like being there for your little ones.  Thanks for sharing your heart in this post.New GFC follower via vB Hopper Mania!Roz

9. Great blog! Following you now,Zoe Leemadforfashionhttp://everythingforana.comPlease follow back :))

10. Hi, I'm passing by and following you via the GFC Blog Hop on VoiceBoks.  I would love to add you to my blog followers too. http://toughcookiemommy.com

11. Following you back! Thanks for stopping by! :)

12. Yes! So glad you stopped by. :) It is so good to know that others are going through the same things. And thanks for saying he's a cutie. I think so {but I'm biased!!!} :)

13. Thanks, Barbara! They both had a good "back to school" day. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

14. Yep, I'm definitely not ready to think about my kids being in high school… and all that comes with that! Awesome that he is trying out for the play. So many things I "wish I would've." Hope he gets a part! :)

15. Thank you so much, Marni!!! :)

16. Yes, it was a strange feeling. :) Thanks for stopping by!!

17. Thanks so much for stopping by, Brenda! :) And our kids are definitely huge blessings from God! :)

18. Thanks for stopping by!

19. Yes, I am thankful that in the craziness of days, God shows us how important our role is. Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Submit a Comment